Ceramic Disk & Plug
Febtech has developed reaction sintered ceramic products ideally suited for Non-Ferrous cast houses and foundries owing to its extraordinary properties of high thermal shock resistance, low thermal conductivity & non wettability to most Non ferrous molten metal.
These properties are achieved by combining high purity contents of ceramic in a precision controlled reaction sintered process to engineer a micro-porous micro-structure.
Material & Properties
Excellent thermal shock resistance, low thermal conductivity, Non wettability, Chemical inertness
- Feeders / Risers / Stalk & Dosing tubes
- Tap hole plugs and rings
- Longer service life, can be exposed to molten metal without pre-heating
- Energy-efficient process, increased process reliability, reduced freeze-offs and improved yield levels
- Prevents metal adhesion, simplifies cleaning and increased machine availability
- Increased service life, does not contaminate the melt hence enhances product quality plant efficiency
Key Features :
- Near Zero Thermal expansion
- Low Thermal Conductivity
- Non – Wettability
- Chemical Inertness